30 May 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

Today, I'm thinking about the choices we are faced with when we take on an old house project. The possibilities are endless, and it can be a lot of fun. So long as you don't make a job of it.

Some decisions are easier to reverse than others. For instance, if you don't like a color of paint, you can always go back to the store, and get another color. But if you don't like where the P.O.s moved that dining room wall, and you want to move it back to its original location, well, that's a decision you want to be sure of before you jump right in.

Some of us are more decisive than others. Take me for instance. Sometimes I can't even make a decision about what to wear, so I can get out the door in the morning. Brown socks, or blue socks? The pink tee shirt, or the blue tee shirt? Or bigger decisions. To paint, or to stain? Latex, or oil-based? What shade, out of the millions on the Sherwin-Williams charts? Do I stick to the tried-and-true Arts and Crafts palate, or branch out and try something different? (I opted for different, and it is okay, but if I had to do it again, I'd use the A&C colors.) Carpet, or hardwood? Cork, tile, or linoleum? Vintage, or reproduction? Too many choices sometimes.

On the other hand, some of us know just what we want, and we go straight for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute video! Good dog!

Sandy said...

He is SO smart! Loved the video...