10 June 2008

The Sky Is Falling! No, It's Just Plaster.

So, Oli insisted on going outside at 1:42 this morning. I was barely awake. Until I saw this:
Yeah... that loose plaster finally came down. On its own. Glad no one was standing under that. I have been meaning to take a picture of it sagging, and how the P.O.s used clear silicone caulk to hold it in place. But now I have lost my chance to document that fab use of caulk. Although, that bit hanging down? That's caulk plus plaster dirt.
I swept it all up while Oliver was doing his business outside, and in hindsight, I think I probably should have worn a dust mask. Don't really need to be breathing the dust of who-knows-what. But it was quarter to two, and the doggie could bark at any moment, so I just wanted to get it all cleaned up before he came back in. 'Cause you just know he would have walked through it. Or stolen a chunk of plaster. That would have been a good game.

I'm so not ready to tackle this project right now, so I see some heavy mil plastic and duct tape in my near future.

No comments: