15 April 2009

Neat Rows of Stitches in Blues

This was the first set that I did with no pattern. I just picked some pretty blue colors and drew six lines across the front of each pillowcase, 1/2 inch apart. Then I marked each line with measured dots so that my stitches would be consistent. I just made it up as I went along. When they were done, I thought it looked like maybe I could have placed each row a bit closer together, or added another one or two rows. But I needed to move on, and everyone said they thought it looked finished, so I just went with it.


My step-mother Kathy didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with the pattern, either. She snatched this set right up from the basket at Christmas. She said that she liked that they weren't all flowery and girly.

The thread I used:
DMC varigated blue #121
And three other blues I forgot to write down. Oops.

No comments: