16 April 2009

Stars and Diamonds

This is another set I did sort of without a pattern. In my head it would look something like this vintage pattern I saw on flickr. Didn't really turn out like that in the end. They are okay, but I was never very happy with them. It just looked too skimpy, like it needed more substance, more stitches, heavier lines, something... more.Oh, well. Didn't really matter. Grandma Gloria knew exactly which set she wanted: this set. I think it is mostly because I was working on this set for several weeks during her cardiac rehab therapy. Either that or she just likes that the peach matches her bedroom.

Grandma Gloria has always favored strong, bold colors in her decorating. Remind me to tell you all about her house someday. Maybe I'll even take pictures. You're just going to love her retina-burning-yellow bathroom.Thread used:
DMC dark peach #352
DMC light peach #353
DMC dark teal #3809
DMC medium teal #597

No comments: