17 May 2010

A Plum Kitchen for Marc

Just for fun I decided to see how far I could push Marc's adventurous design taste and I developed a whole kitchen design board around the boysenberry-color Kitchen Aid mixer.

Surprisingly, he didn't hate it. But I doubt he'll be going this direction in his kitchen. I was also surprised to see how many kitchen objects I could find in this shade of purple. Of course, I mixed in a good dose of olive green as an accent color. Did you know that the Kitchen Aid mixers come in many of the same colors as Fiesta Ware? We can probably thank the good folks at Pantone for that. After all, they are the color trendsetters. Speaking of Pantone, they led me to an absolutely adorable retailer called Typhoon, they have gorgeous kitchen items. Typhoon also sells through Amazon.

No comments: