15 July 2010

Busy, Busy

Two weeks later and I have finally gotten the porch tidied and cleaned the kitchen windowsill.



I forgot to take a picture of the windowsill now that it is clean, and I wasn't brave enough to take befores of either the porch or the kitchen windowsill. Just take my word for it, this is a drastic and great improvement. Ghetto-porch-b-gone!

I've also weeded about 80% of my garden, and now it is much easier to keep after. I know this every year going in, but what can I say, I'm lazy. As you can see from the front crescent bed, I'm a lazy gardener. I'm going for the wild, naturalized look this year. Yeah, that's it, naturalized... This does look better now, thought, as compared to a few weeks back.

First, I weeded and pulled out several dozen volunteer tomato plants, leaving only the strongest so that hopefully they will be productive. I see a lot of fruit on the plants I left, so that's promising. The malva has gotten taller than I imagined and for a little while I was worried that my cucumber (tucked way back in the corner) wouldn't get enough sunlight, but it seems to be doing just fine. I started the seeds a little late, but I think it will be okay.

You may also notice some new plants. Some purple leafed thing whose name I've forgotten and some purple petunias. I'm hoping they'll fill out a bit more to hide the ugly black landscape fabric. See how lazy I am? I should just mulch. But I'm cheap as well as lazy.

No comments: