13 July 2010

Gloriosa Embroidered Pillowcases

Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary, Dar and Rich! I hope you enjoy sleeping on these as much as I enjoyed stitching them for you.This is the Gloriosa pattern from Tobin, available from JoAnn Fabric and Crafts. The first time I saw this pattern I thought it was just stunning. I still think so. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Unfortunately, my photography skills don't do it justice.The giant center of French knots was fun, but I found it difficult to keep the edge rounded. I'll have to keep practicing that. The texture of a big mound of French knots is wonderful.



The only other thing that gave me trouble was the color. Of course I didn't use the recommended colors, I had to go with my own. I'm still trying to use some of the thread I inherited. I started with the medium pink, but in the end I had to buy more thread to get the right red and light pink, so I'm not sure it was worth it. I think if I had to do it again I would try to use the recommended colors.

I used DMC cotton perle #8 in these colors:
Medium Red #304
Medium Rose #899
Light Salmon #761
Medium Pistachio Green #320

No comments: