I'm pretty pleased with my first project, a towel for Lewis' guest bathroom. I matched the thread to the towels exactly. Unfortunately, when I finished I tossed it in with a delicate load of wash. With something red. Oops. So I've just kept washing it, in nearly every load since, and now the pink has almost completely faded.
This was my next project. It is a baby bunny, from the book Doodle Stitching by Aimee Ray. I'm not overly impressed with my stitches, but I've got to keep in mind that I'm still learning the basic stitches. It might help if I would iron these things.
Then I picked up this little cross stitch project, which is meant to be framed. I'll get around to framing it someday. It is also for Lewis. I have to tell you, I'm really good at the cross and half-cross stitch now, but I don't think I'll be doing another one of these for a long time. I just don't have the patience. I wanted it to be finished before I was even halfway through. I'm gonna blame some of that on the label on the package claiming this was a weekend project. They just didn't say how many weekends!
Now, I'm working on a set of pillowcases. I think I'm going to keep these for myself, because I'm learning the lazy-daisy and stem stitch here. It isn't looking too bad so far. The pillowcases are actually white, I just couldn't get a better shot with my camera. I think it needs fresh batteries. The finished project should look something like this, only I've used variegated color thread.