14 December 2009

His and Hers

This his and hers set of pillowcases is a stamped set from Bucilla, called Bridal Bouquet. I'm not sure what is going on with their website, because the colors in the photograph are garish, but in real life it is quite soft and lovely. Unlike usual, I followed the recommended colors. Except for the words His and Hers. The pattern called for one of the greens, but I decided I wanted them in blue and pink, respectively.

While I really do like this pattern, I don't think I will duplicate it. In fact, I think it will be a long time before I do another cross stitch. I'm too impatient and cross stitch take much longer than regular embroidery.I do have this tip, though, should anyone out there decide to do this pattern. I worked one color at a time. I did the stems first. With the flowers, I worked from the inside outward. I bought a washable fabric pen ages ago. When I started each new color I marked the center of the stitch. Then I would work all the stitches in that color before moving on to the next color. I did each pillowcase this way, so I didn't have to consult my chart every two seconds.

No comments: